One of the greatest challenges facing the architect today is the IT system integration of applications. The requirements for successful IT system integration are below-
- Does this technology architecture address current business needs?
- Will this architecture be scalable to future needs?
- What is its estimated lifespan? Can it handle higher capacity and growth?
- Can it adapt and easily integrate with future tools and technologies?
- Are the platforms used in this architecture too proprietary and result in higher costs for future maintenance?
- Does this architecture and corresponding platforms limit the organization to a select few dying breed of technical resources? Or is it standards based and can be supported by readily available resource pool?